After reading the full manuscript over of the weekend, I am pleased to report that no major problems showed up. The book reads very solid. No slow spots. No sagging middle. Lots of action.
Beth’s GMC wasn’t quite as well developed as I’d hoped, but it was actually better developed than I had expected. I’d forgotten I had already gone back in and beefed her GMC up in several scenes. Russ/ my villain held together pretty darn well too. He is much stronger than he was in the earlier version.
I'd been worried the focus of the book had veered away from Zane and Beth and onto a couple of the secondary characters somewhere around the middle of the book, and while yes- in one sense it did go into these other two characters more than I’d expected, the focus didn’t feel like it fractured from the two main characters, which was very nice to see.
I did find that the last two chapters were rougher than what I’d have liked. More hurried. Which I already knew. I was in such a hurry to get the revisions down on paper and read the manuscript as a whole, I quit polishing those two chapters too soon.
So the plan is to go back through and fix a couple of hiccups I noticed from all the layering I did earlier, layer a bit more of Beth’s GMC through her scenes, incorporate some crit feedback, and rework those final two chapters. I don’t think these things should take more than a week.
Then it’s onto the final polish and trim.
This book will be out on sub by first of March.