Contact

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday #amwriting #amwritingparty

I had so much fun last weekend with Six Sentence Sunday, I'm doing it again. You can find the rest of the participants here. I encourage everyone to check these excerpts out. Lots of great writing in there!

I had a couple of requests to continue from last week's Six, so that's what I'm doing. For those who are interested or want a reminder, you can read last week's sentences by scrolling down a couple posts.

Here comes the new set of Six!

*************************************

     Jesus, not Cosky.
     Not Cos.
     When his hands started to shake, Zane forced them to stillness.
     By the time they’d reached the ambulance, the backseat of the Chrysler had been spongy with blood. Cosky’s face had bleached to bone, gaunt as death.
     “Is your friend going to die?” Chastain's kid asked in his oddly adult voice.

24 comments:

  1. Great excerpt... love the suspense drama of what's to follow...continue on please

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good writing. I can feel the intensity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely written, very suspenseful, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, really good handling of emotion and details in that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm intrigued and want to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stark visuals. Well done. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gulp. I can see the blood. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very tense scene. I can feel Zane's horror, shock and denial about Cos, and fear for his fate. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The "spongy with blood" line gave me the chills. Great writing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. eeek Chilling... Cosky’s face had bleached to bone, gaunt as death and quite scary. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of emotion in this six! I can feel his fear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many thanks to everyone who took the time to comment on my Sunday Six. The feedback is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete